Title: Business Manager
Location: 29 King St Queenscliff Victoria
Reports To: QMF Inc. Board
Direct Reports: Client Service Officer, Financial Assurance Officer
Employment Period: This is an ongoing part-time position at 0.6 FTE
Remuneration: $75,000 - $85,000 FTE
- Provide high level governance oversight of QMF Inc. operations through financial and administrative support to QMF Inc., including acting as the main conduit between QMF Inc. operations and the QMF Inc. Board.
- Develop and implement an engagement plan to build support and involvement of the community in QMF Inc. activities including development of community-based volunteer activities.
- Establish and manage community contributions scheme to support arts, culture, and environmental projects
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Board and staff to develop and enhance governance measures including financial and business planning, monitoring, reporting and the development and implementation of policies.
- Provide assurance to the Board that QMF Inc. is meeting all legal obligations and progressing agreed goals and objectives.
- Work cooperatively with the QMF Inc’s Executive Producer to secure grants, sponsorship and community engagement with events and community projects
Queenscliff Music Festival Inc. is a not-for-profit community-based organisation. QMF Inc. annually presents the Queenscliff Music Festival on the last weekend in November, as well as producing smaller events throughout the year including By The Pier Festival and an annual concert series at the Queenscliff Town Hall.
QMF Inc, after 25 years of operation has a sustainable business model that can produce surplus funds to be used to support the development of our local arts community and is keen to develop and manage a community grants program.
QMF Inc has continued to grow in terms of size, complexity, and number of events it conducts during the year. Increased revenue and expenditure and the increasing complexity associated with the conduct of events and the management of the assets of QMF Inc, led to a staff review in 2021.
The QMF Inc. Board agreed to change the staffing structure to support the Executive Producer to focus on the management of events, and to create a Business Manager to provide overarching planning, improved governance, and a greater engagement of community stakeholders in QMF Inc activities and the distribution of community benefits arising from these events.
The role of the Business Manager is to collaborate with the Executive Producer in the framing and delivery of QMF Inc’s business plan, manage the overarching planning, budget and reporting frameworks and ensure the Board is provided with the information necessary to make quality decisions across all matters relating to events, legal obligations, community engagement and effective policy development and implementation.
To support QMF Inc. we have developed a three-year plan, an annual business plan and event plans for all events undertaken by QMF Inc.
QMF Inc. is a creative and socially responsible organisation which engages and fosters the community and arts.
Queenscliff Music Festival Inc. will:
- Offer audiences unique experiences which are memorable, delivered in style and encourage diversity and inclusiveness.
- Feature the depth and breadth of Australian contemporary artists, foster emerging talent, and embrace special international guests when appropriate
- Provide events with high quality venues, services, management, and minimal environmental impact
- Generate cultural and economic benefits to the local community
- Foster and develop community ownership through a well-supported and enthusiastic team of staff and volunteers, and
- Plan for long term sustainability through financial responsibility and good governance.
- Social Responsibility
Internal: QMF Inc. Board, Executive Producer, Event Operations & Production Manager, Client Service Officer, Financial Assurance Officer, Youth Coordinator, and Volunteer teams.
External: Artists, Borough of Queenscliffe, Local Community Organisations, Schools and Businesses, State and Federal Government Authorities and our event patrons.
- Develop oversee and contribute to community engagement plans to increase support and involvement of community individuals and organisations in QMF Inc. activities.
- Contribute to QMF Inc.’ s environmental goals and objectives through development of energy management plans, the maintenance of QMF Inc.’s carbon offset liability and goal of net zero landfill and carbon emissions.
- Development of long-term plan for grants, and contribute to grant applications, management, and acquittal.
- Plan and prepare QMF Inc. budget, including development of long-term cash flows and associated investment management.
- Develop and implement an asset management strategy including annual stocktake, capital investment plans, asset acquisition and disposal plans.
- Oversight of accounts payable and receivable for QMF Inc.
- Financial and other reporting to QMF Inc. Board, and government authorities
- Develop and maintain document control and archival process that supports single point storage and retrieval of all QMF Inc. documents.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of IT applications, backup, and day to day maintenance.
- Develop and oversee the Community Benefit Scheme to ensure transparency and community engagement.
- In partnership with QMF Inc. Board and Executive Producer recruit, develop and retain QMF staff.
- Oversee the development of QMF Inc planning documentation including development of strategies, measures, and reporting
- Develop, maintain, and oversee effective implementation of QMF Inc. Policies and procedures
- Ensure the Board is receiving timely and full information to support decision making.
Queenscliff Music Festival Inc. is a Child Safe organisation. QMF Inc. will implement all necessary measures to ensure a safe and supporting environment, which endeavours to promote child safe, child friendly practices. All allegations of abuse and safety concerns received by QMF Inc. will acted upon in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
Demonstrate a commitment to organisational priorities and values, take personal responsibility, delegate appropriately, adhere to organisational policies and procedures and uphold confidential information.
People management & teamwork
Approach all staff, volunteers and contractors with respect and consideration, collaborate effectively, and encourage continuous learning.
Problem solving & decision making
Embrace flexibility and lateral thinking, facilitate solutions, and make decisions based on an understanding of the relevant issues, information, and logical assumptions.
Seek to secure support and commitment from key stakeholders through the clear articulation of ideas and opinions and open dialogue, supported by information.
Actively contribute to a positive and effective work environment through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work processes.
Be accessible to colleagues and stakeholders, work to understand their needs, negotiate outcomes that are acceptable to both parties and deliver as agreed.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and business management including planning and strategy development.
- Quality written and verbal communications, with experience in writing successful grant submissions and reports
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills able to lead a team and work collaboratively with QMF Inc. Board, staff, volunteers, and stakeholders
- Excellent time management including setting and meeting deadlines.
- The successful applicant will have or be eligible for a Working with Children Check and possess a current driver’s license.
- Demonstrated values that align with QMF Inc. values.
Desired Selection Criteria
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Finance, Business Administration or other related fields is desirable but not mandatory.
- Knowledge or the ability to acquire Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Xero accounting software and other digital applications to support QMF Inc outcomes.
- This is a permanent part time position.
- Flexible work hours and arrangements are available.
- Willingness to support QMF Inc over event weekends.
- Anticipated start date July 2022.
- Your application should respond specifically to the Position Description and Selection Criteria and include your most recent CV with contact details of three referees.
- Deadline for applications is 11.59pm Friday 24th June
For enquiries please contact;
Geoff Mutton, President QMF Board
0419 375 712