QMF continues it's War On Waste in 2023
This year we've moved to a Compostable system. We've been fortunate enough to arrange for a Composting facility to take all of our Compostable Packaging. Whilst the re-usable system of the last couple of Festivals has been great, it is very labour intensive, a big logistical effort, and costly. Our compostable system in 2023 will delivery a positive Landfill diversion & Environmental result that we think is equal to, or better than, the reusable system.
So please, when you're at QMF this year, a few things to remember....
1. Take all of your waste items to a Bin Hub where our Green Team will assist you to put it in the correct bin.
2. All packaging and food from our Food Vendors can go into the Compostable bin.
3. We're sending all of our Cans off as part of the Container Deposit Scheme - please don't crush your cans as they can't be returned.
4. Any General Waste you've brought in to the Festival, please take it with you!
5. Please BYO a re-usable drink bottle. It can be any type of bottle, but please re-use and take it home!
QMF's WAR ON WASTE
You've got on board with our plan to separate waste into streams, you've respected our single use plastic free policy, you've understood what we were trying to achieve and you've treated all our green team volunteers like the legends they are. For that we say thank you!
As anyone who has been to QMF will know, we live in a special place - pristine beaches, soaring sandstone cliffs and internationally recognised bays and wetlands. Queenscliff is a spectacular place to stage a music festival.
You will also be aware there's been huge changes within the waste industry which impacts on what we put in the bin.
In 2018, QMF set out to review the impact the Festival has on the environment and put in place a plan for the future. Our goal wash to divert 80% of waste generated at the Festival from landfill. We smashed it!