Queenscliff Music Festival turns up the heat again with a fourth instalment of new acts to add to the exploding line up of great Australian talent in 2014. Joining the already expanded list of national and international acts we are excited to announce 10 new acts for 2014:
SKUNKHOUR - Performing Their Debut Self Titled Album
THE LITTLE STEVIES
SKYSCRAPER STAN AND THE COMMISSION FLATS
KARL S. WILLIAMS
JESSE VALACH AND BLUES MOUNTAIN
- Australian Funk/Soul/Hip Hop legends Skunkhour come to QMF to perform a special “classic album” set. Playing the internationally lauded debut, their self-titled album from 1993, song by song. Fused with sinuous grooves, magnetic rhythms, brass hooks, and compelling interwoven dual vocals the debut album sold world-wide and introduced the band as a wholly original force on the Australian music landscape.Known for their energetic sets as well as the depth and diversity of their music the band reforms for QMF to bring a classic back to life.
- The Sydney Morning Herald described "Diamonds For Your Tea" the latest release from The Little Stevies "as incredibly well honed, gorgeous songs that rip out the speakers with a deep, warmly polished sound, better than just about anything I have heard in recent history." They've toured Australia, Canada and the USA and their pop melodies and sibling harmonies are irresistible to any musical taste. They have built an exceptional reputation as a live act, drawing keen and loyal Little Stevie's fans wherever they go.
- Luluc pronounced Lu-LUKE are no strangers to the term "good things come, to those who wait." This attitude has done the duo well, who are described by the USA label Sub Pop as "bracing, subtle, tender and magnificent." Between picking up a deal with Sub Pop and grabbing the attention of Nick Drake's producer Joe Boyd, Luluc have certainly made their mark on the international scene. Their 2014 release "Passerby" is a collaboration of gorgeously crafted songs, slow burning melodies and delicate harmonies.
- Stella Angelico sings because she must, her voice and violent hip-shaking performance is an explosion of the untamed feminine. The daughter of cult cabaret darling Peaches La Crème and internationally renowned magician Sam Angelico, the world of music and performance course through Stella’s veins. Together with her band The Switch, get ready to shake, shimmy and roll!
- Self proclaimed "troubadour rock n rollist" group Skyscraper Stan and The Commission Flats are bringing their heartfelt performance to Queenscliff this year. The songs are catchy, intelligent, punchy and unique. Which doesn't mean anything unless it is good, and it is.
- Described "as the best young bluegrassers we have seen in Australia for a while" The Davidson Brothers are Australia's hottest bluegrass band. Performing together for over 20 years, they are fast becoming a big hit on the world stage.
- Archer, according to Archer, is an old-time sing song man. Born in North Carolina and currently residing in the Victorian countryside, he is a familiar busker, guitar plucker, writer and player of country bush blues. Every new song from Archer sounds 100 years old, in the best possible way! A musical drifter who picks up stories where ever he can and polishes them into honest songs, there is a sense with Archer that his music exists outside of this time.
- Jordan Rakei has recently been making waves internationally, touring his blend of lo fi, soul, hip hop and dub tunes, and turning everything he touches to gold. In a world that divides art by genre, and constantly seeks to quantify cool, Jordan is impossible to miss.
- Gospel, folk, blues all at once could be used to describe the eclectic sound of Karl S. Williams. With Ida Belle, Bettie Mae and Beatrice (his acoustic guitar, banjo and keys respectively) Karl S. Williams delivers his songs with utter conviction, weaving beautiful ballads, stomping delta hollers, soulful rhythm and knee slapping blues.
- Pearl magazine described Jesse Valach and Blues Mountain as "One of the genuine rising blues stars of Australia". Jesse weaves together intense guitar and soulful vocals and takes you on a journey from lights down low ballads to energetic shuffle romps delivered in a demanding fashion.
JESSE VALACH & BLUES MOUNTAIN
General Release 3 Tickets On Sale Now until Aug 31st or sold out
3 Day Adult - $200
VIP Silver Adult - $300
VIP Gold Adult - $400
2 Day (Sat & Sun) Adult - $165
Friday Adult - $50
Saturday Adult - $110
Sunday Adult - $75
Sunday Adult + Ferry - $90
3 Day Youth - $80
Friday Youth - $25
Saturday Youth - $55
Sunday Youth - $40
Sunday Youth + Ferry - $55
QMF Camping - $40
QMF Ferry - $112
Copyright © 2014 Penney & Logan PR, All rights reserved.